System Dynamics Italian Chapter (Italy) www.systemdynamics.it
SYDIC, the SYstem Dynamics Italian Chapter (www.systemdynamics.it), is the Italian national branch of the System Dynamics Society (www.systemdynamics.org). The Chapter has been founded back in 1995 but legally recognized by the Italian Law as a Cultural Association for Social Promotion, in 2015. The mission of SYDIC is to support the SD Society to promote, spread out and disseminate the wide use and uptake of the system dynamics methodology and, more in general, of all systemic approaches to modelling & simulation at national and international level.
SYDIC counts around 50 Italian associates from all over Italy and a few also from abroad, as well as a wider audience of around 200 non-associates (but members of our website and mailing list). Among its members, SYDIC includes experts, consultants and entrepreneurs interested in the System Dynamics methodology in various ways, as well as several top-notch scholars from the Italian academic & scientific community (Research Centres and Universities in Rome, Milan, Bologna, Turin, Naples, Genoa, Firenze, Palermo, etc.), representing knowledge and competences from Management & Social Sciences to Engineering and Natural Sciences.
SYDIC is currently deeply involved in disseminating and promoting the uptake of Systems Thinking & System Dynamics at various levels, from the Primary and Secondary education to the development of such competencies in youngsters and adults in managing positions. Additionally, SYDIC is promoting the Systems Thinking approach also in various vertical sectors, especially by means of the development of research projects (already a few important experiences at national and international level).
The main SYDIC’s objectives are:
• Promoting the dissemination and development of this methodology, as well as all systemic approaches to the analysis of complex problems and various modelling and simulation techniques/ methodologies, both in Italy and abroad
• Interacting and establishing formal and operational links with other related associations and study groups, both at national and European level, but also with scientific bodies and associations concerning other disciplines
• Organizing seminars, workshops, conferences, and other research, study and training initiatives in order to promote the exchange of knowledge and experience between experts of System Dynamics methodology and similar and/or alternative approaches
• Participation in regional, national and European funding proposals with to projects aimed at improving modern society, with particular reference to the study and to the analysis of social problems, the environment, socio-economic and cultural development
• Realizing studies, designs, analysis of impacts and evaluation of policies/strategies related to organizational and social change, sharing experiences acquired and those that over time have matured among all the practitioners of the methodology.